raw material quality standards
How does it taste?
- Fresh is always best
- Quality and consistency are priorities
- Package date required
- Ideal storage and transportation conditions
How is it made?
- Good farming practices: pesticides, herbicides, fertilizers, top soil management, water usage
- Actively track carbon footprint with easily accessible data
- Fair Trade for ingredients from developing countries
- Ethical treatment of workers
- Sustainable packaging
- Minimal if any processing
- No additives, preservatives, or synthetic ingredients
- Organic when possible
Where is it grown?
- Source as close to the brewery as possible
- Traceability to a specific lot on the farm
- Communication of growing conditions throughout crop year
- Notes on terroir
- Photos and video of farm on social media